Thursday, March 26, 2009

Arizona The Grand Canyon State ☼

On March 1st, 2009 I was off to Arizona. It was my first time on a plane, it was AMAZING, and surprisingly I wasn't even nervous one bit. My cousin and I decided to go to Arizona to get away from the cold weather , and to visit my grandma. When we arrived in Phoenix, we met up with my grandma and sat in the car for another long car ride to Coolidge Arizona where my grandma was staying. After we arrived at the cottage we went swimming and sun tanning. It was great, no snow to be seen for miles and miles. It felt like we were in paradise. For the next following two days we made are way up to the Grand Canyon. Interesting enough... Did you know Arizona is not actually called the Grand Canyon State?.. yes it is true, the reason is even tho it is on license plates, and on the road sign, Arizona's "bill" has never been passed to be called the Grand Canyon State. Weird I know.. Anyways, we spent two days at the Grand Canyon, it was so AMAZING.... Yet that isn't even a good word to describe it's great beauty. We also traveled to route 66.. Which if you have watched the movie cars, you will know what i am talking about. That my friends is where Lightning McQueen had been trapped. This actually was one of my favourite places to visit because all the buildings , and the town it self were still modeled to look like the early 1950's, which looks really rustic and adds character to the towns, which route 66 travels through. We also went to Sedona, which is about 2 hours away from the grand canyon. It was a really tourist town which had more shopping mall then I have ever saw in my entire life. We also went horseback riding, and to a ghost town, which was so awesome. When we went to the ghost town we got to dress up as saloon girls, we had alot of fun.. I wish I could still be in Arizona.One of the bast vacations I have ever been on, so I recommend for everyone to plan a vacation, and go to Arizona. You will love it :)

1 comment: